Image Map

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lost and Found 2010

(all pictures in this blog are courtesy of Angela, our talented photographer for the weekend!)

Four months ago, I was asked if I would tell my story at the ladies retreat at our church this last weekend. I said "yes"...because that's the deal I have with God now. I just say "yes" even when everything in me doubts my ability to do it. He's taught me again and again that I can trust Him.

As the months passed, the retreat's theme changed. The focus went from what God does with your losses, to what God calls us to do on behalf of His orphans and widows.

As you all know, there is NOT another topic around that makes me want to ramble on and on like our call to help orphans in this world. There is so much to say.

But, there was even more to say about my wonderful God, who has led me on this path, and guided my every step. I loved sharing His story, and listening to others' stories too. I loved the worship time, led by my favorite people. I loved the fellowship with Christian women. I loved that this entire gathering...from eating to singing to shopping...was all about God's call to take care of orphans and widows.

As we were decorating the night before, I was laying the His Chase brochures at the place where each woman would sit. All of a sudden, I was just overwhelmed with the sight. Every where I looked, I saw these faces...children I know and love.
And, I saw "His Chase" written all over the room.
Janice asked me "You didn't know you would be having a benefit dinner for these little ones did you?" I had NO IDEA that's what it would turn out to be.

And, I never expected the blessings that came from this weekend.

Everything about it was perfect...so uplifting and so fun. I think all of us who were there felt this amazing God moment was happening. And, now I can't wait to hear of what He will be doing in the lives of so many on behalf of His precious orphans.

My sister, Cassie, had her usual creative crafty touch on every table, and it was beautiful.
My other sister, Cortni, had her usual friendly, loving beautiful smile every time I turned around, as she sold these COOL shirts at our His Chase table.
And, she modeled them so well too!
(By the way, I am still ordering more 147 Million Orphans shirts because they practically sold out!! So, if you'd like one of your very own, check them out HERE, and then email me at chelsea@hischase.org! )
We worshipped with many of my very favorite songs. And, glorified the Lord for what He has done in each of us.

We spent time praying over these beautiful quilts handmade with love by the women of the Branch.
Each one is for a specific child in Ghana, rescued from their life as a slave. Now, instead of being "nobody special", they are being told how uniquely created they are, with a beautiful quilt of their very own, and their own individually selected scripture written on it. Absolutely beautiful.

Another beautiful part of the weekend: the Compassion booth!!
You probably all know my heart for Compassion, and I was so excited to hear that SEVEN sweet children were sponsored in the few hours we were together for Lost and Found! Seven children now have new life!! That alone is the best God story from the whole weekend. :)
I also got to meet a sweet mommy friend, Angel, who is also longing for her sweet baby boy, and spent the time to drive into town for the weekend. What an honor. I wish I had a picture with her. Angel, you blessed my weekend. I am praying for you always.

After speaking (and being nervous) on Friday night, I got to sit and relax at the feet of this amazing woman, Pam Cope, on Saturday. She has been such a significant part of my own journey this year. I told her that I was so humbled (and intimidated) by the fact that I shared the stage with her this weekend. How in the WORLD did that happen?!
I don't even know yet how much money was raised for the children in Ghana from this event, but at last count, it was several thousand!! The team of women who organized this event (this is only some of them!) were tireless.
They organized a mini-Canton shopping experience with the cutest vendors around, who were all generously donating to help orphans across the world!
The retreat committee also ran a silent auction AND a live auction, all benefitting Touch A Life, His Chase, and the Branch women's ministry.
Girls, what can I even say? You all inspire me to dream big, just like you did for this event! It was SO wonderful!! And, the hours you spent in preparation were blessed by God for sure.

I stand amazed, Lord....yet again.

If you are just joining us after this weekend, you can see more HERE. I was so blessed to be a part of this. (And, Angela, thank you for letting me use all of your amazing pictures. You are so talented!)

God, take our offering, and multiply it. Bless your little ones who so desperately need a voice. Keep breaking our hearts for what breaks Yours.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What an amazing time you must have had! I'm so happy that you have found the path that God has called you to. I am amazed by you every day! I love you and miss you!

Sarah B said...

The weekend looks amazing, Chelsea. So glad you said "Yes" to speaking. I know God used you and will continue to. I still hope to "hear" you - or at least talk with you in person at some point!! :)

Kelly said...

Love this!

angie said...

I am so glad you said YES!!! It was such a powerful weekend and I can't wait to see what comes from it.