Image Map

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Friends

In the midst of this year anniversary, I have received a wonderful blessing. A friend of ours, Jennifer, let us know a month ago, that a friend of hers had lost her sweet baby boy. As she shared a little bit about this family, my heart was moved, of course, as I was so familiar with the heartbreak this mommy was experiencing.

I sent an email, and began praying....and praying....for Chet and Sarah.
I have been introduced to others throughout this year, who have been through the awful reality of losing a child. And, I always reach out, offering whatever I can to help. Some respond, others do not. Which I totally and completely understand.

But this time, I can already see that the Lord has big plans for our friendship with the sweet Erwins. Sarah's journey---not only with losing her sweet Holden---but also in experiencing the Lord in new ways---reminds me so much of my own road. She is stronger and wiser than I ever was, especially as she has lost her firstborn and only son. That is a heartbreak I do not know. And, I know there is so much pain in that loss, that I can not imagine.

Sarah, you amaze me. You strengthen me. You encourage me. I have no doubt that the Lord is just beginning to write Holden's amazing legacy. And, I wait with great anticipation at what He will do through you and Chet.

Blog friends, I ask you to join me in praying today for the Erwins. Please visit their blog and read their story. And, lift their sweet family up to the Lord. Today marks one month since they held their precious Holden. And, isn't he perfect and precious?
This is an important day, and one I remember so well, as these "markers of time" begin to pass. The experience of living through significant moments without the little one you thought you'd have in your arms, is just heartbreaking.

But, yet in the middle of her heartbreak, Sarah is able to see the Lord's goodness, and His perfect peace that passes our understanding.

Sarah and Chet, we love you guys. We are praying constantly for you. And, we are so glad the Lord has brought us together, even in the midst of pain. He is holding our boys for us until we can see them again, and I love knowing they are together and they are HIS. :) The Lord literally gave me this verse this morning as I was praying. And, I believe it is for our two cuties.

"For I will pour out my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing upon your children. They shall spring up among the grass like willows by flowing streams. This one will say "I am the LORD's"...and another will write on his hand, "The LORD's". Isaiah 44:3-5 ESV

4 comments:

Sarah Erwin said...

We love you, Jacobs Family. Thank you. Chase and Holden belong to Him, you are so right.

Cassie said...

Thank you for sharing this story, Chels! I've already been praying (and, of course, crying) this morning.

Holly Steele said...

Hi. My name is Holly Steele and my friend Laura Monell Stip gave me your blog address. Laura mentioned she attend the same church as you. My family is going through the loss of our Second Child, Landry James. Landry was born on July 24 and he passed away on July 26. I also blog that I am sharing our journey on. I still have a lot more to share but I am just trying to find the strengh to get it all out. You have amazing strength and great courage and I am so sorry for your loss. http://www.hollyandryan.blogspot.com/

Jennifer K said...

I am so thankful for this sweet friendship that has formed and I praise God that a connection was made between two amazing women. Both of you are have blessed me with your words. I continue to pray for you all.