Image Map

Thursday, July 15, 2010

On Our Way

"God has a great race for you to run. Under His care, you will go places you've never been and serve in ways you never dreamed."

This was Max Lucado's "tweet" for today, forwarded to me by my sister. I have to say that he must have written that just for us today. It might be my new favorite quote.

And, what a way to start this adventure! Knowing that we are in His care, and trusting that we will experience Him in ways we have never dreamed...

Those moments have already started for us today, as God has been reminding us even in the last twelve hours that His favor is on these children, and His hand is on these efforts.

This morning, through tears, we thanked a precious person in our lives who officially completed our initial $50,000 campaign to build Chase's Place.

Did you read that right? I said: WE HAVE REACHED OUR GOAL TO BUILD CHASE'S PLACE! And, it happened on the day we were leaving!!!

That is not coincidence. That is God's favor, showing up right when we needed to see it.

Hours later, I stood before a precious group of my favorite kids and thanked them for giving their hearts and their coins to my friends in Ghana. Today's total from the VBS fundraiser was over $1300!! For a GRAND total of more than $2800...in one week...from a group of children!
That is no small thing. That is God's favor, again, being shown to these children across the world. As it says in Psalms, "He who seeks the Lord lacks no good thing." He is not holding back for these kids!

I got to share with the Prestoncrest children today how much they have blessed our friends in Ghana by their generous giving, and announced that they bought enough bunk beds for EVERY child in Chase's Place!! PLUS, they raised enough additional funds to pay for a dining room table too!! They also wrote cards to the kids for us to take with us, and prayed for us and our trip. I love children so much, for how easily they love with all that is within them. I pray they don't stop here!!
As we fly 30,000 feet in the air, to Atlanta, and then on to Accra, Ghana, I can't help but praise my amazing Father for His faithfulness on this journey. Mark and I just looked at each other as we took off, in complete awe of what He has done in our lives. As the book I am reading right now is titled, we're going "From Ashes to Africa". He is writing a beautiful story of redemption both for our family, and for these kids in Ghana at the same time. My sister texted me just as I was walking on the plane, and of course she says it better than I can:
Listening to Selah and thinking of y'all. Unredeemed was playing..."When anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord, just watch and see, it will not be unredeemed!" Praising Him for His faithfulness and praying for an incredible trip with His fingerprints all over it!
His fingerprints are already all over this. And, I thank God for the way He is stirring hearts in some amazing ways...

So, with that....we're off!

After LOTS of hugs from these three girls, we are equipped for the journey ahead...and look forward to even more hugs waiting in Ghana!

2 comments:

angie c said...

chills! so awesome.

Dava Lynn said...

Oh, Chelsea. Simply amazing. He is so good...and so faithful. His favor indeed! Praising Him with you!!!