Image Map

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Sweet Prayers

The sweetest thing in all the world is the prayer of a two year old. Just wanted to write down an Abby Kate prayer from bedtime tonight before I forget...and before I turn around and she's five.

She never says "Dear God" or any other "opener"...she just gets right to it. :) Also, she leaves out words like "for" and "at", so it may not make sense as you read. But, it literally makes me smile as I type it just as she says it. And, no, I do not correct her, because I love it just the way it is.

Thank you Mommy-Daddy-Kendyll-Carlie (all one word). Thank you Annie girl (our dog). Thank you aaaaallll my friends. Thank you my teacher. Help Daddy at work. Help Kendyll school. Help Carlie, help Carlie, help Carlie (she got stuck) a school and at Mommy school. She has Mommy school. Help me at school. Help Mommy at...home (for a long time she just paused after "Help Mommy at"...she didn't know what to say about me :) Help my toys. Help Baby Chase. {I whisper something about "heaven" to remind her} And he in heaven. Thank you baby Chase. Give more and more babies in mommy's tummy. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Bible. Jesus name. AMEN! (she says with excitement)

Oh, I love that girl. And, I love hearing her pray and imagining God's sweet smile at her little voice and big heart.

"For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." Mark 10:14b

6 comments:

Colin and Amy said...

I love that kid.

Cortni said...

I love that kid too! She is joy! I love her spunk, and her sweet sweet prayers! I could use an Abby Kate squeeze right now!

Amy Woods said...

That just melts my heart!

Amy said...

Chelsea,

That is such a sweet little prayer!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Alli said...

So sweet! Jake & Mal are starting to figure out that we fold our hands when we pray, & I just can't wait for when they have words to go with it!

Mary said...

Faith like a child is a real thing isn't it? My son prayed yesterday "thank you for Baby Adelle, she is in Heaven playing" (When I asked what she was playing) "she is playing with balls and swinging." I know she is, and maybe Chase is next to her, swinging with all his might!