Image Map

Monday, November 02, 2009

Go CHASE!

I know I'm blog happy tonight (there is another new post below this one!), but dude...has everyone been watching CHASE in the World Series?!? Another TWO home runs tonight, after one (almost two) last night, and two in Game One! He has now tied the record for home runs in a World Series in only 5 games!! That's crazy!

What's even crazier is that I'm this excited about a baseball game, or a baseball player. Even the girls are interested in this series and are wanting to know about how Chase has done. I mean, this guy even made the Thanksgiving Journal tonight with our girls, as something we were thankful for!

I've had multiple people tell me just today that they are following Chase on TV, and praying for us as they watch. Oh my goodness, thank you. :)

It's 11:00 and we should be going to bed. But, we are watching Chase in his press conference answer each question with such a calm and humble spirit. And, we just watched Charlie Manuel, the Phillies manager, talk about the quality of Chase Utley...not only on the field, but also off the field. He said "He's a good man, quiet and goes about his business. I tell my guys "Play with Chase. If you play with Chase, you're gonna be a better player."

Awww...I'm so proud. :)

3 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I saw that last night and thought of you all. One of the reason that I want the Phillies to win.

Miss G said...

Chelsea, I found your blog through your sister's blog. I was just reading your blog today and then switched over to some of my regulars, one being this post: http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2009/11/where-was-god.html

Not at all that it is an "easy fix" for what you are going through but the question she asked has been on my mind a lot after hearing your story with Chase and another similar story recently. Thought it might bring encouragement to you and wanted to share. Kelly

Michael Ann said...

We are rooting on Chase!! God even uses baseball and baseball players to comfort us...what an awesome God!