Image Map

Monday, October 01, 2012

Let Love Be Your Highest Goal

This morning, part of our family reading was from 1 Corinthians, and there was a phrase I had never noticed before.

Let love be your highest goal.

Oh my, I want to get that plastered across my wall.  Or maybe across my head.  Just so I can remember that love should be the reason I do anything...everything.

That's alot harder than it sounds.  I should cook AND do the dishes {happily} because love is my highest goal.  I should use encouraging words---and not critical ones---because love is my highest goal.  I should give away what I have without hesitation---time, money, gifts and talents---because love is my highest goal.

And, I'm here to say, that yesterday, so many of you let love be your highest goal.

I know you didn't give to the Chase Day project because you have been to Zambia and have a passion for Lusaka.  You probably didn't give because you really have a passion for silverware or pillows or freezers or rugs.  You didn't give to receive recognition or appreciation or even love in return.

You did it simply because love was your highest goal.  

Love for children you've never met {and may never meet on this side of heaven.}
Love for the craftsman or seamstress you will never meet, who will now have income making these items by hand.
Love for our family, whom some of you have met...and some of you haven't.
Love for our Chase, who none of us got to meet in the way we wanted to.

But, even greater than that...
Love for a Savior, who said YOU MATTER TO ME.  And now all you can do in return is pass on that love to others.

You may not have even given this a passing thought, as you bought your item for Hope's Home.  But, even if you didn't realize it, LOVE was your highest goal.  And, we felt it.

108 items purchased of the original 181!

Pillows, quilts, and beds...they'll go to bed knowing they're loved.

Couches, lamps, and chairs...they'll sit and read and play knowing they're loved.

Laundry bins, pots and pans, a dining room table...they'll eat and do chores and share life with each other, knowing they're loved.

THANK YOU.  
From the bottom of our hearts.  
You make Chase Day what it is, and we are so grateful.

As our sweet guy, Claver, said yesterday.  "To give like this, it just fills you up inside your heart, and it gives you peace like nothing else does.  I like this day.  Very much."
Amen, Claver.  We like this day too.  Very much.

And we LOVE all of you who make it possible!!
{And, YES, if you're wanting to still give, you can!!  Go HERE and shop to your heart's content.}

No comments: