Image Map

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pastries, Palm Sunday, and Pedicures

How's that for a multipurpose blog title? I know. I'm cramming things into one blog that each deserve their own. But, hey, at least I did the alliteration thing to unite them!

Thursday night, a group gathered at the Henley's home eager to learn some secrets. Cinnamon roll secrets! And, although I haven't tried them on my own yet, I do feel rather confident that I could now watch yeast rise, roll dough, and make cinnamon filling without breaking into hives.
Suzanne did a great job of sharing her skills in the kitchen, and was the perfect hostess for our His Chase fundraiser too.
Some of my favorite friends were there, and we all enjoyed an evening to talk and catch up. We were laughing at how many of us showed up in the same "I {heart} Africa" tshirt. Well, because we do. :)
It was also a great opportunity for sharing His Chase with those who had never heard about our ministry before! I met many new friends and received so much support throughout the evening! By the end of the night, I was holding $1700 for orphans in Rwanda. Now, that's a night packed with good stuff! In every way, I got to "taste and see that the Lord is good"!
I was also very excited to see my friend Shannon's debut of her cute, adorable, loveable African dolls! (along with all of her other cute items including everything from camera straps to keychains!) I know you're all going to want her creative craftiness in your home. Be looking for ways to order coming soon!
And, THANK YOU, Suzanne, for such a fun Cinnamon Rolls for Children evening! These little ones in Rwanda are SO blessed because of you!

This weekend, I was also able to set up our His Chase table at the Prestoncrest ladies retreat and share more about our projects with all of them.

It was once again so humbling to be among women who are so supportive of what we're doing, and so willing to join in. Thank you to all who offered an encouraging word, a hug, a financial donation...every single act of love is treasured. :)

Then, today was Palm Sunday. Our family talked last night and this morning about what this day was like so many years ago. And, then got to worship together this morning to celebrate the King!
We were so proud of our Miss Kendyll, who got to sing the lead girl's part with all the children.
She said "yes" immediately a few weeks ago, and I was a bit surprised! But, I was so glad she was excited to sing. This morning, she said her knees were knocking and she felt dizzy from singing Hosanna so many times, but she did GREAT. There is nothing I love more than watching children worship. So, it was a great morning. I'm so proud of my girls. :)

{To see the video, pause my blog music first!}

After church and lunch together, my mom and sisters and I got to get pampered for a while! Tomorrow is my mom's {fifty-something} birthday, and we're hoping this is the week baby Brewer {my nephew} also arrives. Cailee was also in town from Abilene. So, there was much to celebrate. And, pedicures are always the way we choose.

Doesn't it look like Cailee is on the beach?
Oh, the beauty of the wallpaper scenes in nail salons. And, then here is a somewhat dark picture of the mommy-to-be! I think she's somewhere in the middle of the ocean, judging from her background scene.
I can't WAIT to be an aunt again and have a baby nephew to cuddle! I was rubbing that cute tummy today! We're praying constantly for Brewer, Cortni, Adam, Braden, and Avery as their family grows by two adorably cute {and probably pudgy} feet...that all will go smoothly and Brewer will be healthy! {and that Cortni gets to the hospital in time!!}

It was a great few days. SO full. SO blessed!

3 comments:

erinlo said...

Always such a blessing to hear about what's going on in your family. Kendyll did an AWESOME job with her singing! Loved it.

You and your ministry are never far from my thoughts. I'm thankful for the way God is using you.

Nicole said...

Kendyll's a natural! She looked so beautiful and confident up there. And, Carlie did great, too. That whole video made me smile. :-D Oh, and I'm so excited for Cortni...can't wait to hear the news, it won't be long.

Kim said...

I just found your blog and I have LOVED reading through it. You have a beautiful heart and a beautiful family!

I hope you don't mind, I borrowed a photo from you sheep post.. I am traveling with OH in July and I am trying to get everyone I know to buy sheep! ;O)