Image Map

Sunday, March 06, 2011

What a Weekend!


This morning, in the middle of church, I looked down the row and cried. (Yes, I cry weekly at church. But, today it was because my row was full of sisters. :)

All three of my sisters, my brothers-in-law, and all of our kids were together for church this morning. And, as I looked at our row FULL of people I love, I was just struck by the blessings of this weekend. To get to be with sisters and their families is always SO good. To get to worship together, share ups and downs of our week, celebrate Cortni and Adam's anniversary, and eat some GOOD burgers and fries for lunch just makes for a really good day.

And, even better...my sister, Cailee, was here this weekend and stayed with us so I got extra long talking time with her. And, of course, the girls go CRAZY for Aunt Cailee, so we all enjoyed our Cailee time. :)
And, no, she wasn't dressed as a pig, but this was a Sing Song picture from last month that I never posted, and LOVE.

Cailee, I love you so much and am SO incredibly proud of you. God is doing amazing things in your life and I love watching His plans for you unfold.

Wanna know the main reason Cailee came in town? Because SHE is coming to Rwanda with us this summer!! We are SO SO SO excited about this, and we were so glad she was able to be a part of the group meeting at our house this weekend.

That was certainly another HUGE highlight of this weekend. We had the opportunity to gather with 20 or so others who will be traveling to Rwanda with us this summer, to start planning and praying over our time there. (Here is a sneak peek at our summer trip logo, created by my sister Cassie. I'll be back with much more about that...
Once again, at this meeting for Rwanda, I looked around the room and just saw story after story of God's faithfulness, and His clear direction to each of these families to join Him in taking care of orphans. They are all such talented people, using their gifts for the Lord...and they're all on fire for going and serving! We are so fortunate to be surrounded by such amazing friends and family.

Then, tonight, after much preparation and primping, I got to watch my handsome husband and beautiful daughters go off on a date to the Daddy Daughter Princess Ball for church with their friends, Emily and Ellie and Mr. Colin.
And, for the umpteenth time this weekend, I was struck by God's faithfulness and generous giving in my life. I love these girls...and these pictures...and these dresses!
And I love the Gammy who made them too! Thanks, Mom, for sewing these sweet dresses for the girls. They truly felt and looked beautiful!! And, they told everyone that their Gammy made them. :)

And, I love this man in the cute yellow tie too. He is the best daddy to these girls, the best daddy to his little Chase, as he continues to lead us all in serving others in his honor...and he will be the BEST daddy to his little one coming SOON (we hope!) from Rwanda.
It was a great weekend around here, and we're looking forward to a BIG week too. More about that coming later...I need sleep first. :) God is so good!

1 comment:

Tara Clapper said...

I love every, single thing about this!! I am especially jealous of those darling Gammy-made dresses! :) Love you!