Image Map

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So Much To Say, So Little Time!

This is a bit unfair. I'm posting a new blog just to tell you that I have no new blogs. :)

Believe me, it's not from lack of information, stories, thoughts, or pictures! It's actually the opposite problem.

There is too much to say about the last two days. And, I'm still trying to find the words to describe it all!

I feel like "amazing" doesn't cover it. And, I don't want to rush through a new update, without having the time to really share it the right way.

So, for now, I just wanted to let you know that pictures from yesterday are now on Facebook, and hopefully we'll catch up with pics of today sometime soon. :)

Here are a few of the highlights to be written later:

*A visit to a recycled glass bead factory. Another analogy of making something new out of something shattered. God just keeps bringing me back to that.
*Another day of VBS...self portraits with the children, talking about how they were created "one-of-a-kind", with a unique purpose.
*A SURPRISE visit from George Achibra himself! (For those who have read Pam's book, you know this was a HUGE treat for all of us to "sit at his feet" for the evening! For those of you who haven't read, George is THE man who rescues these sweet children. Amazing stories!)
*A gigantic pool party at our hotel for all the Village of Love kids. I've never seen so many beautiful bald heads and bodies making such a splash.
*Getting to introduce Kendyll, Carlie, and Abby Kate to the Tema kids by SKYPE! It was the coolest!!
Visits to Edwina and Abigail, two of our Compassion sponsored children...meeting their families, and seeing their churches, homes and schools today. He's breaking our hearts for what breaks His.
So, I'll be back with more to say, when I can find the time. I've prayed today that God would give me the right words to share with you about some of these things. It's SO hard to do!

But, I promise to try.

Because, I am now even more convicted that these children--both those rescued from the lake by Touch A Life, and those rescued from poverty by Compassion--deserve a voice.

Missing you all and loving hearing from you!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I am proud of what y'all are doing but even more amazed at what the Lord is doing through you! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip and the ways God is showing you how to speak for these kiddos!! I can't wait to join you in that endeavor :) Love you both so much!

Grandma said...

Thank you so much for sharing this exciting time with us. You must be exhausted every evening but we so appreciate hearing what the day was like. The pictures are wonderful and show so much joy. You are so precious and such an inspiration to everyone. Love you so much!